Follow Me On Twitter

Tuesday 20 December 2011

My Favourite Songs Of 2011: 40 - 36

It's done. 2011 is over (just about) and I've put together a list of my favourite songs of the year. From a list of over 200 songs and 3 different versions of the list itself, I've put in order my 40 favourite songs of 2011.

Rules for songs being eligible in my top 40 songs of 2011:
- Artists are allowed no more than one song each
- Has to be released in the year 2011 (if a song has been on an album released this year but was released last year as a single, it cannot go in my top 40).
- I have to love it

Let's begin:

40) Noah & The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
I.T.'.S.D.E.A.D.C.A.T.C.H.Y.!.

39) The Rapture - How Deep Is Your Love?
Clocking in at 6 minutes and 28 seconds (the longest songs in my top 40) The Rapture show the true meaning of groove in this piano driven tune.




38) Katy B feat. Magnetic Man - Perfect Stranger
2011's queen of the dancefloor's big moment was her collaboration with dubstep group Magnetic Man. A good mix of d n' b leading into the chorus and Katy's beautiful vocals.


37) Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory
Probably my favourite Gaga song to date, The Edge Of Glory is a brilliant pop song. It's icing on the cake is courtesy the late great Clarence Clemons on saxophone.


36)  Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Garden
I've haven't heard anything that sounds like this all year. With it's out-there production and strange groove, it sounds completely alien. The vocals shared by male and female also give it another interesting twist.

The rest of the top 40 is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment