Follow Me On Twitter

Saturday 31 December 2011

My Favourite Songs Of 2011: 10 - 6

10) Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The Death Of You And Me
A much more subtle and quiet approach than brother Liam's, The Death Of You And Me is a brilliant song reminiscent of Oasis' 'The Importance Of Being Idle'. Stomping chorus and great lyrics.




9) Beady Eye - Kill For A Dream
Even though I preferred Noel albums, its this song which makes me still love the rest of the band. For me its Liam's best vocals since.... Champagne Supernova!






8) Friendly Fires - Hawaiian Air
I'm travelling Hawaiian Air!








7) Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle
The piano riff at the start is good enough to make it on this list alone. The rest of the song is also amazing.






6) Coldplay - Charlie Brown
Highlight from their fifth album. Charlie Brown is the best thing they've done in 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment