Follow Me On Twitter

Saturday 31 December 2011

My Favourite Songs Of 2011: 5 - 1

Here we go, my 5 favourite songs of 2011.


5) The Strokes - Under Cover Of Darkness
Admittedly not a fan of The Strokes previous work, I was surprised listening to this by how good it is. 






4) The Wombats - Techno Fan
This is how you use synths in pop music. The Wombats have had so many great songs over the last 12 months but this one stood out for me. 














3) Arctic Monkeys - Reckless Serenade
The noise of the bass at the start; the relaxed Sunday afternoon feel to it - its sensational. 










2) The Horrors - Still Life
From a band who are going from strength to strength. This song already sounds like a timeless classic.






My Favourite Song of 2011 is....


1) White Lies - Bigger Than Us
I bought this song on January 2nd 2011. The sheer power and emotion I feel when listening to the chorus is unbelievable. I loved it then and I love it even more now. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment